Hope everyone is safe and healthy.
1. Special thanks to our Officers and members to complete the September elections for 2024. The results are President: Eric Blake, Vice President: Ken Jones, Secretary: Eric Snyder, Treasurer: Dave Thompson, Claims Coordinator: Paul Onstott and our Membership Coordinator is retained by Rebecca and Miguel Staal-Armitage .
2. There is a board meeting for October 14th at 12 Noon. All are welcome to attend. The regular meeting is at 1pm as normal.
3. Our October meeting will include our semi-annual bake sale, so bring your delectibles and be ready to outbid your friends. Watch Eric (myself) square off with Eric for all the good stuff in a bidding war.
4. All are invited to come for breakfast and discussion of the new 2024 Calendar of events for the Chapter. Now is your time to provide inputs to see what you as members would like to do next year. The group will be meeting at 0930 at The Hideaway (Grill) in Belfair located here: 22540 NE State Route 3, Belfair, WA 98528.
5. We will not be manning it this year, but check out the Fall Festival of Gems November 18-19th 10AM-5PM at the Kitsap Fairgrounds at 1200 NW Fairgrounds Rd, Bremerton, WA 98311-8504.
6. The new version of the Gold and Fish book is on WDFW’s web site for download here: https://wdfw.wa.gov/publications/02150 .
7. Reminder to all the claims are still open and turn your claims work forms into our claims manager Paul Onstott. Happy diggings.
8. As always we are small scale miners.
You don’t have to be a member of GPAA to be a member of our chapter. You are welcome to mine on the claims that the chapter owns, provided you adhere to mining policies, rules and procedures. No dues are collected. Chapter funds are raised through bake sales, raffles and various other activities. Meeting minutes and By-Laws available for review at chapter meetings.
Please note: Only GPAA members can become chapter officers. Also, non-GPAA members must be with a GPAA member to use GPAA claims.
Claim Passes & Chapter Emergency Contact Info
Miguel and Rebecca have the 2023 year claims passes available and will have them at meeting upon review of your emergency contact information.
If you no longer want to receive email notifications or to be a member of WWGPAA please notify Miguel and Rebecca at the meeting. Thanks.
The new version of the Gold and Fish book is on WDFW’s web site for download here: https://wdfw.wa.gov/publications/02150 . All the claims are still open and turn your claims work forms into our claims manager Paul Onstott. Happy diggings.